Nerissa Yan represents both corporate and individual clients on a broad range of civil and commercial litigation matters, including contractual disputes, creditor-debtor’s remedies, consumer protections, real estate and strata disputes, fraud, defamation, and privacy breach. She also advises clients in both domestic and international commercial arbitrations, as well as on regulatory matters before administrative boards and tribunals.
She is a native Mandarin speaker born and raised in Shanghai, China. While fully bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese, she also speaks conversational Japanese.
Prior to joining Hakemi & Ridgedale LLP, she articled at a national firm’s Ottawa office. She is licenced to practice law in both Ontario and British Columbia.
- University of Ottawa – J.D.
- Simon Fraser University – B.A. (Communication)
- Canadian Bar Association (Ontario and BC Branches)
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia