Hakemi & Ridgedale’s lawyers have extensive experience in advising clients in matters of competition/antitrust law. Our lawyers have represented individuals and organizations in competition law matters arising from proposed mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other agreements between competitors in a broad range of industries. We prosecute and defend claims based on allegations of breach of the Competitions Act, including price-fixing conspiracies, abuse of dominance claims, and misleading advertising. We defend against enforcement action where necessary and also guide clients through immunity and leniency programs, including before the Competition Bureau of Canada.
Our experience in competition law includes:
- Mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures between competitors
- Claims for and the defense of allegations of the breach of the Competitions Act
- Defending against proceedings brought by the Competitions Bureau
- Misleading advertising claims
- Defence and prosecution of claims for price-fixing and other anti-competitive conduct