Hakemi & Ridgedale has many experienced lawyers who regularly deal with corporate and securities litigation matters before the courts as well as before provincial securities commissions. Our lawyers have represented both public and private clients of all sizes in matters involving shareholder disputes, oppression claims, fraud claims, negligent misrepresentation, claims against promoters & brokers and statutory claims under the securities laws.
Our corporate and securities litigation lawyers provide efficient, cost-effective and detail-oriented litigation services to business owners, managers, industry professionals, shareholders and the clients of industry professionals. Due to our vast experience with corporate and securities litigation matters, our lawyers have also been called upon to act as mediators and arbitrators in disputes concerning these issues and frequently contribute to securities law legal education.
We have represented clients at all levels of court as well as in mediations and arbitrations and in front of provincial regulatory bodies such as the British Columbia Securities Commission, the Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia and the Law Society of British Columbia.
Our experience in corporate and securities litigation includes:
- Shareholder disputes
- Oppression claims and derivative actions
- Fraud claims
- Negligent misrepresentation
- Claims against promoters, brokers, investment advisors
- Statutory claims under the securities laws
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Corporate governance
- Regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings
- Disputes arising from mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Change of control / proxy contest
- Multi-jurisdictional disputes
- Class actions
- Claims by holders of bonds, debentures and derivative instruments