Associate | Kaitlyn Meyer has a broad commercial litigation practice and advises individual and corporate clients on disputes involving commercial contracts, real estate, professional negligence, and cross border issues. She also has experience with employment law matters as well as shareholder and corporate control disputes.
Kaitlyn has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia and has assisted with matters before the BC Human Rights Tribunal and labour arbitration boards.
Prior to joining Hakemi & Ridgedale LLP, Kaitlyn articled and practiced at a national firm.
- University of British Columbia, J.D.
- University of Alberta, B. Com. (with Distinction)
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Vancouver Bar Association
- A publicly listed mining company in successfully applying to stay a civil action brought by Guatemalan plaintiffs on jurisdictional grounds
- A publicly listed company with proceedings involving the conduct of a shareholders meeting
- Directors in an oppression action involving a manufacturing company
- A former director and CEO with successfully defending a breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract claim related to a Papua New Guinea mining project
- Companies and individuals with real property disputes, including a claim for specific performance with respect to commercial property in downtown Vancouver, an appeal of an easement cancellation proceeding, and a dispute between waterfront property owners and a commercial developer
- A forestry company with a remediation claim under the Environmental Management Act
- Commercial banks with professional negligence and security enforcement claims
- A title insurer with successfully defending an appeal of an action arising from notary fraud
- Employers and employees with wrongful dismissal claims, human rights complaints, and other employment related issues