Associate | Leah Shepherd advises individual and corporate clients in a variety of commercial matters involving, for example, shareholder and partnership disputes, fraud and misrepresentation, contractual disputes and professional negligence or misconduct. She also has experience advising clients in mediations and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Leah has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia and she has represented clients in matters before the BC Human Rights Tribunal, the BC Securities Commission and the Insurance Council of BC.
Prior to joining Hakemi & Ridgedale LLP, Leah articled and practiced at a boutique litigation firm in Vancouver.
- University of Alberta, J.D.
- University of Victoria, B. Sc.
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association
She has advised
- Companies seeking approval for plans of arrangement in the Supreme Court of British Columbia
- A mining company in proceedings before the British Columbia Securities Commission in relation to a contested private placement
- Professional advisors in investigation and enforcement proceedings involving the British Columbia Securities Commission, Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada and the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada
- An investor with claims against a professional advisor involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duty and negligence in the provision of investment advising services
- Directors of a mining company in relation to an oppression action brought by minority shareholders
- A licensee in investigation and enforcement proceedings before the Insurance Council of British Columbia
- A complainant in proceedings and mediations before the Human Rights Tribunal
- Investors in a civil action and related bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings involving an alleged Ponzi scheme before the Supreme Court of British Columbia