Associate| Nathan Muirhead advises individual and corporate clients in civil litigation matters involving, for example, contractual disputes, breaches of trust, fraud, commercial leases, defamation, estate litigation, professional negligence, and builders’ lien and construction disputes.
He has appeared for clients at all levels of court in British Columbia and represented people involved in proceedings before administrative tribunals including the Human Rights Tribunal, Residential Tenancy Branch, and Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal. He has also acted in judicial review proceedings of decisions from administrative tribunals.
Prior to joining Hakemi & Ridgedale LLP, he articled and practiced at a local Vancouver area firm.
- University of British Columbia, L.L.B.
- University of Toronto, B.A. (Economics)
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Vancouver Bar Association
He has advised
- An appeal of a foreclosure judgment on a multi-acre development property
- An arbitration defending allegations of fraud and oppression in a closely held company
- Defended an injunction application against a former employee alleged to have stolen trade secrets
- Assisted in the defence of a publicly traded resource company alleged to have committed torts outside of British Columbia
- Represented individuals in a claim against an investment adviser for fraud and negligence
- Represented minority shareholders in a technology company in an oppression action before the Supreme Court of British Columbia
- Represented a builder in a challenge to the validity of a builder’s lien
- Represented an individual challenging and varying a parent’s will
- Represented an individual in a claim for professional negligence against an insurance professional
- Represented a real estate agent in professional disciplinary proceeding before the Real Estate Council of British Columbia