Associate | Nolan Hurlburt maintains a commercial litigation practice, advising individual and corporate clients in a variety of matters, including contractual disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, real estate, construction and insurance coverage matters.
Nolan has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia and in arbitration proceedings.
Prior to joining Hakemi & Ridgedale LLP, Nolan practiced at a national firm.
- University of British Columbia, J.D.
- University of Victoria, B. Eng. (Computer Engineering)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Vancouver Bar Association
He has advised
- A group of directors and minority shareholders resisting their removal from the board by the majority shareholders through oppression proceedings
- A group of shareholders enforcing their rights under a shareholders’ agreement in the context of failed share sale
- Franchisor defending claims of breach of contract and the failure to perform obligations owed to the franchisee
- A franchisee seeking urgent injunctive relief to prevent the improper termination of its franchise by its franchisor
- A technology company defending claims of copyrighting infringement relating to a complex software complex application
- Real estate owners and developers in claims against contractors and professional consultants for losses arising from defective work and materials in connection with large-scale residential and commercial real estate properties
- On the internal investigations of publicly and privately traded companies in response to investigations by the British Columbia Securities Commission and other regulatory entities.
- Clients in significant e-discovery review projects involving hundreds of thousands of documents and dozens of legal document reviewers
- Professionals improperly denied insurance coverage in claims against their professional liability insurer
- Individual and corporate insureds in claims against their property and liability insurers for breach of the insurance policy