Associate | Scott Marescaux represents corporate and individual clients in a variety of commercial litigation matters, including contractual disputes, commercial real estate, defamation, expropriation and construction. Scott is also experienced in advising clients in mediations and arbitrations. Scott has represented clients at all levels of court in British Columbia and at the B.C. Securities Commission.
Prior to joining Hakemi & Ridgedale LLP, Scott practiced at a large Vancouver firm.
- University of British Columbia, L.L.B.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Vancouver Bar Association
He has advised
- A minority shareholder of a technology company in an oppression claim and derivative action
- Commercial and residential purchasers in collapsing and failed real estate transactions
- A B.C. company in defending a defamation action brought by a former employee
- A non-profit society in a dispute between the society’s directors
- A government entity in defending a contractual good faith claim in B.C. Supreme Court
- A financial profession in investigation and disciplinary proceedings brought by the Financial Institutions Commission
- A commercial real estate brokerage in a claim for unpaid commission
- A New York company in defending a breach of contract claim by a Canadian company
- Commercial landlords in arbitration proceedings with tenants related to lease renewals
- A property developer in a misrepresentation claim brought by a purchaser
- BC design firm in a dispute over the quality of services provided to a client