Associate| Wanda Simek represents corporate and individual clients before all levels of court in British Columbia, in matters relating to shareholder and partnership disputes, defamation, professional negligence, real estate litigation, construction litigation, and breach of commercial contracts. She also advises clients in mediations and other alternative dispute resolution processes, as well as in proceedings involving administrative tribunals including the Real Estate Council and Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal. She is fluent in French.
She previously practiced in a boutique commercial litigation and construction firm in Vancouver, as well as the Real Estate Errors and Omissions Insurance Corporation.
- McGill University, B.C.L. and LL.B.
- McGill University, B.A. (Political Science – Honours)
- Vancouver Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Association des juristes d’expression française de la Colombie-Britannique
She has advised
- Two business partners in a dispute with their third partner involving allegations of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and professional negligence in the provision of accounting services relating to a business portfolio of real estate, online and retail businesses
- Real estate developers in an action for breach of contract against the purchasers
- Radio station owners, managers and hosts in an action for defamation, wrongful dismissal and breach of contract
- A homeowner in an action against the developer for construction defects and breach of contract
- Architects, engineers, and sub-contractors in construction cases involving allegations of professional negligence
- A real estate property developer in regulatory proceedings before the British Columbia Superintendent of Real Estate and related civil litigation
- A developer of oil & gas ventures in an action involving allegations of misrepresentation, fraud, and breach of trust
- A terminated executive of a private equity fund in the recovery of damages for severance and a buyout of his partnership interest
- An investor in oil & gas ventures involved in a partnership dispute with allegations of breach of contract and misappropriation of partnership funds
- An investor with claims against a professional advisor involving allegations of fraud, breach of contract, and negligence in the provision of investment advising services
- Majority shareholders in an oppression action involving a pharmacy business
- Realtors and other real estate licensees in actions alleging professional negligence
- Realtors and other real estate licensees in regulatory proceedings before the Real Estate Council of British Columbia